When I left Saturday morning to go work on Tristan's wall, I noticed a red tulip was getting ready to bloom. By the time I got home at sunset, it was closing up again.
The wall project is almost done. We need to texture and paint the new walls, and then do trim around the doors and baseboard, paint the doors, and the new rooms will be ready to use. Of course we had a lot of trouble getting the doors to fit and be square. The header above the door was still 1/2 inch lower in the center where the previous owners had removed the center, load bearing support. We had raised the header about 1.5 inches in the center, but it was still low. After a lot of cutting and chiseling, and a few choice words about the previous owners, we finally got both doors installed and square. Then we finished hanging and taping the rest of the sheetrock.